Saturday, February 21, 2009

Florida re-cap
















I am PLANNING on going a bit more in depth with what we did each day, but I know there is a rumbling in blog-world about some pictures from FLA!!

We arrived on Saturday around 2--but the rental car counter took FOREVER and the traffic was actually HORRIFIC getting to the condo. There was some kind of car show in St. Armend's Circle, AND it being Valentine's Day, made it kinda crazy! What ususally takes about 25 minutes took us 1.5 hours!! ugh!! Not really the way I wanted to start out the vacay...

But, we had fun anyway--checking out all the convertables on the road and basking in the sunshine.

Sunday, the kids and I got up early and headed to the beach--it was a bit overcast and I got some FANTASTIC pics (which I will post later). We also were able to hit the beach on Monday and Tuesday as well. There weren't too many people on the beach (as you can see), and since the water temp. was a cool 62, NOONE (except my 2 kiddos) was in the water. It was great to shoot pictures there.
We were also very fortunate to get Blackhawks tickets while we were there--we all had a great time--and Griff in particular, enjoyed screaming his lungs out at the game. (see attached pic). We also found a little park about 1.5 miles from the condo and we rode bikes there twice. The kids really enjoyed playing tag with us (until I CRACKED my head and got a big bump on it!) and just hanging in the sand.

I am happy to report 365 is already caught up for the trip. It was VERY difficult to pick just one picture for each day, but I think the ones I picked are good representatives. I am planning to add some more pictures to the "folding" cards when I get a chance.
I am off to set up Mario Cart for the kids--we bought it yesterday! More later--and I EXPECT UPDATES FROM YOU BOTH (you know who I am talking about--yes, YOU!!) sometime SOON!! :)

1 comment:

amy surburg said...

Love the pics. It sounds like you had a great time. Now I'm ready to see even more pics! :)