Friday, April 29, 2011

RACE DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!













It was a BEAUTIFUL night for a run--we got down to the start about 40 minutes early and just hung out--fun seeing old (and new) friends and just chatting it up.



Mom and I decided since Eric was hanging with the kiddos, she would just go all out and run the entire route.



It was fun!! I jogged a lot--although I was a bit mad/irritated that I walked a bit, although I don't think I walked any more than 5 minutes as a whole. Mom and I actually held hands as we crossed the finish line! I can't wait to see the "official" photo of the finish!


I am relieved it is over. I really am. I am glad I did it. I think I will continue to run-I am hoping that I can do a bit better next year...but I am not at all disappointed in my decision to run it, to train for it, and to finish it. I think it was so much fun to run with my mom and with Kate. I think in training for next time, I hope to continue to run at least 3 times a week...I am also hoping to get Kate out a bit more=she is seeming to enjoy running a lot and since her aunts are all big runners, I think she may have it in her blood. I would like to see her improve as well. She felt really good about finishing as well. She only ran once before this race and she did not get any cramps or side pains. Good for her! So, that is a project I am ready to undertake.


I am super-tired, so I am off to bed...early morning work tomorrow. Good luck to those who are running the bigger races tomorrow! I am beat! :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

SO PROUD OF YOU MY COUSIN!!! I LOVE ALL YOUR PICS AND I AM SO HAPPY YOU ACCOMPLISHED YOUR GOAL! Love to you and the fam! Sweet dreams!