Okay, so it has been WAAAAY too long!! I can't even begin to catch up on what has been going on here in the last 2 years (!).
SO, I am starting a new phase of the old bloggisphere here today. I am letting you in on a little secret--ssshhhhh...
I am planning to run the 5K at the Illinois Marathon in May! For a person who absolutely HATES to sweat and exercise, this has been a momentious decision. I decided awhile back that I needed to find some time to carve out for exercise--who doesn't say that, right? But I am really feeling like it is something I need to do-not just for my own heath, but for my sanity as well.
I purchased the app on my new itouch--Couch to 5k. It is a plan that will supposedly get you where you need to be in 9 weeks doing this program 3 times a week. Sounded reasonable enough to me...so I have been doing the workouts (and actually have been enjoying them and looking forward to the next ones) for 3 weeks now and I am feeling kinda confident that I can accomplish my goal!
Don't get me wrong, I don't know if running will be an every day activity for me--I am hoping to add some biking as well--but I will be SO PROUD of myself if I actually get this done! :)
So, why am I blogging about it? Well, because I want SOME people to know (and cheer me on or heckle me as needed), but not the whole world. I don't want to post to fb--just a select few of you who know me can hear about my journey.
I am starting up the WW thing too-although I did eat at El toro today for lunch (but a salad!) and only 10 chips! I am gonna try and get this body in shape before the summer so that I can wear what I want and not be embarrassed! Let's get started!
2 comments:
I actually did find your blog last night when I read your message...and I didn't think it was you when I read the subtitle about fitness...oh cuz I know you too well! But I am SO PROUD!!! You go girl! I hate to exercise too and this cold weather doesn't help but you need to know that I am sitting on my couch cheering you on! GO SARA!!! xoxo
Awesome! I am registered for the 5K, too. Glad to see you're getting back into blogging!
Post a Comment