Saturday, March 12, 2011

Progress!

Yes, look at the time of this post--it is 7:13 a.m. on Saturday!! I am up and rearing to go. We have a busy day ahead, and I want to be sure I get some exercise in before the day gets going...

(Actually, my dog started whining about 30 minutes ago, but now that I am up...) ;)

So, speaking of said dog, he is now fast asleep on the couch (although he shouldn't BE on the couch), and I am wide awake looking at the beautiful sunshine outside. My plan is to go out in the next little bit and do my training.

On Thursday, it was crappy out, the indoor track didn't open until noon, I had different plans, so I went ahead and did the training outside. I have to admit, when I first started, I was not a happy camper. It was spitting a rain/sleet mix and I thought, "do I really want to do this?" but some music started and I just decided to walk a bit to get going--I could always turn around (right?). But, you know how THAT is, the music just kept me going and sooner than I realized the voice told me to "run" and I did!! The 3 minutes was feeling good-although I did look at the timer with 1:30 to go on the last run and thought "I am not going to make this one..." but I did!

Music is such a big part of the workout experience isn't it? I try to get some stuff going that has a good beat...but am always open to suggestions. Right now, in the mix is Pink, Kings of Leon, a little Lady Gaga, and Adele. I know, Adele, right? But I got the suggestion from Bob Harper (from Biggest Loser) on his fb page that he was loving that new music to work out too, so I decided, why not?

Any good suggestions for music to add to my library for working out? Will check in next week with the 5 minute jog...

(p.s. I have lost 3 pounds!) :D

2 comments:

Amy said...

Good one cousin! I've been dragging lately but did get on the elliptical a few days ago...I have to say some of my favorites on my ipod are oldies but goodies from the 80's! Nothing like a little Michael J. or some Outfield to get you rolling! Great work on the 3 lbs! Wish I could say the same since I am going to be in a swimsuit in 13 days! ugh! Have a good one!

Katie B said...

I ran today in the lovely weather. My iPod was playing Girl Talk. You can get the album for free at http://www.illegal-art.net/allday/
It will make you dance while you run!