Friday, March 18, 2011

SUPER SECRET PROJECT!!



This one is for you, cuz...




Since it is spring break and all (just started yesterday at 11 a.m.), I got all crazy and decided to start a "super secret project". John was out of town for the night, and I decided, why not?




SO, without further ado...this is what I USED to see when I opened my laundry closet...


not bad, but not great either. It was kinda messy and I used to hang all of my kids artwork from preschool and kindergarten on the walls. It was so sweet to open and see all of their stuff.


BUT, you know what? My kids are getting older. Their artwork has evolved. And I can't stop time. So, this seemed like a good quick fix to a spot that really noone besides my family sees. I am not quite finished, but this is what I did today...
It's called "fools gold"!! LOL! I really like how it brightened up the space--kinda looks like lemon ice cream.
I painted around that little vinyl saying, I need to touch it up a bit, but it is fine for now. I also grabbed this container from my garage that used to store spare vacuum parts, but now houses all of my stain fighting stuff. Noone needs to see my secrets, right?! ;)
I am also planning on putting a bulletin board or magnetic board somewhere on one of the walls, just to hang stain info, and some art if I decide I need to.
It only took me about 2 hours to complete this project--from pulling out the washer and dryer (ewww!) and cleaning the floors and wiping down the walls, to finished job!
YAY me! John had better not hope I think of any more projects! ;)



1 comment:

Amy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! You are so fun my cousin!!! Your kitchen cabinets are next!!!! Yipee!!!