Saturday, October 11, 2008

Such fun!


Jill and I had the best time seeing Oprah on Friday. She was called by audience reservations to see if we could screen a movie on Thursday night. Of course, I begged, borrowed, and pleaded to switch my work schedule so that I could go--we went to see Madagascar 2. It was so fun!! I didn't really remember a lot of the first one, but now I want to go back and re-watch it. 2 was hilarious and the characters were great.
The next morning, we got to the studio around 7 and went to get a drink and food. When we got back around 7:15, there was no line, so we just zoomed right in. The last few times we have attended, our names were called at the beginning of the process, so the number on our sheet has never come into play.
However, this time, we were still sitting there when they got to "250-300" can come downstairs to find seats!! We really thought we would be in the very back tucked away somewhere, and when we hit the bottom, the audience person asked if we were 2 together, and we said "yes" and she said " I think I may have a couple good ones for you, follow me", so we did, and we were FRONT ROW, CENTER!!!!!!!!! We were both wearing orange, so we were separated by one person, but I can tell you for sure that Oprah looked me RIGHT IN THE EYE and I was a bit nervous she was going to call on me!!! (whew--she didn't) but she DID ask me if I thought the kids would love the movie as much as I did, and of course I said yes!
Chris Rock and Ben Stiller were on, as well as Gayle, Mark Consuelos (who, needless to say, is tiny but sure can sweat with the best of them!!), and Alli something or other--she is married to George Stephanopolis, and is a comediane.
Loads of fun--the Oprah shop was a great place too--very elegant and nice and not priced TOO high...fun times!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Of course you get the good show and I get the show on the economy...uh! Oh well, glad you guys had a great time. I did get to see the Gosslins so I can't complain. Give me a call when you get a chance. Love you guys! Hey, how many days until Griffy's bday???