Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Books rock!

I have just finished another of my favorite author's books (Jen Lancaster). She is a hoot! She is my favorite on many levels:

1. She is TRYING valliantly to get fit--can't say the same for me, but she inspires me nonetheless.

2. She lives in Chicago--her books are so spot on to the city and city life, they make me crack up!

3. She is a Big Ten girl (although, does Purdue count?!?!)

4. She is a Pi Phi!! ROCK IT!!

5. She's a young Republican.

6. Most importantly, she has THE SAME BIRTHDAY I DO!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, you can see why I enjoy her so much. Pick up "Bitter is the new Black", next "Bright lights, Big Ass" and "Why Pie is not the answer". I am not a big memoir reader--I usually find them to be WAAAY to stuffy, but hers is literally LAUGH OUT LOUD!!! Can't recommend more--although if you don't appreciate a bit of swearing in certain circumstances, you may not love her.

I have decided to do Stacy Julian's challenge for the week--or day--depending on how motivated I am. Here are the instructions:

• Snap ten or twelve photos of your life right now. Or find recent photos that you've already taken.
• Compile these photos in one of these super-cute Bazzill Mono-Mini albums (keep reading)
• Keep or carry this album with you, tucked in your purse or desk drawer for one full year.
• Promise to glance through the album every time you stumble upon it or pull it out.
• On October 1st, 2009, create a scrapbook page about your experience.

So, here I am taking a picture of me blogging!! Sweet! Check that one off!

I have taken a picture of the stack of books that I want to read this fall and I am getting ready to scrapbook a page--of what you ask? I haven't gotten that far yet. Just remember to enjoy TODAY!! Have a great one!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Love Stacy's challange...maybe I'll try it too...did you see Ali's week's challange? I think I am gonna try it next week?? Or maybe the week after...we leave for Disney next week...yeah!!! My dad's heart thing was scheduled...if they couldn't stint him they were gonna schedule open heart so this was good! I'm way too tired to be typing...talk to you soon!