S'more fun........
Last night we finally had our first fire in the new firepit. It was great. Of course, we had to cook s'mores too--Kate, I have decided, really doesn't want the marshmellows cooked, or if she does, they need to be cooked by a "real" fire. She didn't like when they got black--she wanted hers golden brown--and I mean the only kind of brown you get from a real campfire. They were tasty though!
Griff did not enjoy the cooking part--in fact, his marshmellows would barely squish on the cookie!
(Hint: Use Girl Scout "Thank You" cookies for s'mores--=they come already chocolated on one side! ;)
My kids thought I was crazy--I stuck mine down into the fire and made them burn--yum-o, I love them totally blackend--then they are totally melty inside!
We had a FANTASTIC weekend with the cousins--updates to come--I have about 140 pictures I am downloading, so it will be later tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment