Monday, June 02, 2008

Disney Day 5




Sorry for the lack of posts, but it has been quite crazy around here with John figuring out what he is going to do--more on that another post...


Animal Kingdom--let me start by saying, this was my first visit to AK. I had heard it was a nice park, but "if you have a decent zoo around you, it isn't much different". I have to say I TOTALLY agree on this point.


We were there at rope drop (again) and I headed straight for Expedition Everest. I will tell you that I rode it twice and it was an AMAZING experience! There really isn't a coaster that tops that one, in my opinion.
Everyone else went to the safari. It was neat. Not very many animals hanging out, but we did see a giraffe from afar and we actually were stopped on the trail by this giant Ostrich.
Really, if you live by Brookfield, or go to Indianapolis or St. Louis Zoo at least one time a year, I don't think you will really get much out of AK. John and Kate did do the Kali River Rapids ride, which gets you soaked, and they did enjoy it, but just know there are about 3 things to do at this park before it gets old. Save a day on your park hoppper, miss this park or go to a water park instead.
I also had heard how narrow the walkways were there, and let me tell you, they really are narrow! Maybe 3 Disney strollers fit thru at once. We took Tour Guide Mike's advice and went on a green day, and believe me, I was happy we did, because that park would be all kinds of ugly with a bunch of people there at the same time!
We were back to the hotel by around 1:30--and ate at the food court. It was pretty decent. No complaints from me on that one. Then, that night, we went to Chef Mickey's. Really, I would call it the "Crown Jewel" of our trip. So much fun! In fact, so much that I will post about it tomorrow! ;)

No comments: