We had reservations at Hollywood and Vine (a great buffet at Hollywood Studios) and tickets to Fantasmic Saturday night.
We came back to the room early and headed out on the bus around 4 for our reservations at 5:30...Griffin just melted. He was so hot and tired, he passed out while waiting for the bus...do you think from the picture the boy was exhausted? I can't imagine sleeping so peacefully on a bench like that, but needless to say, it was just what my little guy needed!
We ran into several characters there--my personal favorite Disney character is Pinoccio and I was so excited to see him out I practically knocked my own kids over so that I could get a photo with him! :) We also saw the mean queen from Snow White, Chip and Dale (again), Minnie, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb, Pochahontas and Meeko. We did not get autographs that night--just looked from afar.
So, on to the Fantasmic part...so we got a special VIP pass to go into the fireworks early. As we climbed to the top of the 6,000 seat ampitheatre, I spotted trouble. It was looking a bit threatning weather-wise. We talked to one of the ushers and he said that they wouldn't call the show until 5 minutes before. The show was to begin at 8:30--this was probably around 7-7:15. Well, the heavens LET LOOSE and we got SOAKED!! Literally, there was nowhere to hide--not even a bathroom up there! Thankfully, I had packed jackets for everyone and I had a 30 gallon garbage bag in the bottom of the backpack (thanks to some message boards) for an instance like this. So, we threw the bag over our heads, and waited. And waited. And waited. Finally, about 8:20 it stopped and the show went on without a hitch! The kids really loved the show and we walked out with soaking wet clothes, but a fun experience.
I figured, we had gotten to the top of the theatre, getting down would make us even wetter and then we would have to traipse thru the park and get to a bus, and try to get a seat, so why try when we were all wet anyway?
Needless to say, I did have to do laundry (another night) because the wet clothes stunk so bad I couldn't bear to pack them!
Tomorrow, more fun at Hollywood Studios with our cousins!
1 comment:
Hey! I loved the photo of you and the puppet! You are really going to have to fill me in on all your Disney details...I am lost as to where the show took place and where it was...I guess if it's anywhere but MK I wouldn't know because all we've really done there that I remember is MK! Where did you guys stay? AND ... you have to give me all your little "tips" that you got to make life (and unfortunate weather) easier! I think I will start my list now so by Oct. I should be good! I am like an addict now...tell me more cuz! (and thanks for the photo of you...too cute!)
Post a Comment